I’ve been tagged by YTSL via her blog. So here goes:
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
I am a big Stephen Chow fan and I have watched most of him films over 10 times. If I were to choose one, then perhaps it will be THE FLIRTING SCHOLAR.
2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
I really can’t recall but my strongest impression was to have watched Lubinghua over 5 times in the cinema that can seat easily 500-700 people but for each of the session, only 4-5 people were watching the movie. I watched that movie while I was still in Form 4 (16 years old).
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
No one in particular. Jim Carrey, perhaps.
5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
The whole swan poem and barbeque chicken wing song sequence in FLIRTING SCHOLAR. And I quote from various Stephen Chow movies in my daily conversations with like-minded people ;-)
5(a). Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
The Phantom of the Opera. But am loosing them now… :(
6. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
Same as above.
7. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
My Neighbor Totoro. (I would love to choose this movie but YTSL has already chosen it!!!). Well, maybe now, TOKYO STORY by Yasujiro Ozu.
8. Name a movie that you own.
I wonder what does own mean here. If it means owning a copy of the homevideo, I do own about 600 of them now but that is the only type of owning I can afford. From those, to choose one, perhaps the APU TRILOGY by Satyajit Ray.
9. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Nicholas Tse. I think he is good.
10. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
11. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
12. Ever walked out of a movie?
Nope. But wanted to once but couldn’t because it was a screening with the Director and stars….
13. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
For light movies only but subject to popcorn quality.
15. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Average about 2 times a week.
16. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
MR. BEAN’S HOLIDAY which I thought was superb.
17. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
No special preferred genre (except horror which I cannot watch) but I am a sucker for Romance.
18. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
I have no idea. I have definitely watched some movies while I was 5-6 years old but have no idea what it was.
19. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
NO PROBLEM – a local Malay movie. Was literally sick for a few days after watching it and I could not escape from the cinema.
20. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
21. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
I avoid horror movies if I can. The twins in THE SHINING freaks me out.
22. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
Many but the latest one that got my bottoms off was KUNGFU HUSTLE.