A guy approaching mid-life. Bean counter by profession. Main interests:
1. Movies, movies and movies. Can’t get enough of them. I watch movies from all over the world and from all eras, whether it is silent movies, black and white or in whatever form. Has a general prejudice against current Hollywood movies as I think they are mostly crap. Talk to me about movies and if you are similarly excited about movies, I think we can be good friends.
2. Playing Weiqi, or Go as they also call it. This is a board game of strategy, invented in China over 2,000 years ago. I have played international chess and chinese chess before but these two doesn’t even come close to Go, in my opinion. The simplicity of Go gives birth to millions of possibilities. It is at once strategy, philosophy, life. Fascinating.
3. Fascinated with business management, economics, philosophy and history.
4. Also loves to play poker, especially Texas Hold’em and Omaha Hi-Lo.
5. Likes to travel. Who doesn’t?
6. Mesmerized by Gustav Mahler, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Johann Sebastian Bach, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Stan Getz, Ming Hui Fen.
7. Loves Haruki Murakami, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Rabindranath Tagore, Lin Yutang, Fyodor Doestoevsky, Anton Chekhov.
8. Admires The Buddha, Karl Popper, Immanuel Kant, Lao Tzu, Wu Qingyuan, Peter Drucker , Sun Tzu and Nietzsche.
4 responses to “About”
Why falling stones make some noise? People falling down stairs do make noise, but I suppose you’re talking about stones falling through air, right?
haha.. to be honest, i couldn’t think of anything while i created the blog, so i just wrote what came to my mind. i guess i am making some noise by blogging, maybe.
You’re not a fan of Roger Waters? I’m convinced he’s Mahler’s “sout twin” as another reader on You Tube suggested. I just happen to agree! Maybe Gus is back and trying a go at being a Brit, maybe? :o) Hey, I’ll take Gustav anyway we can get him — and however he’s packaged, this go-round!
I love your blog! Keep it all coming. We need more shining intellects… and you’re definitelly that. It shows! BRAVO! C-G
I’m greatly enjoying your blog. Your mentioned 4 things of value that may disappear: “things like a movie like BICYCLE THIEVES, a good fountain pen, a good game of Go and for this matter, the Chopin nocturnes” It gave me a laugh because 3 of them I treasure – as a go player, a person who lived in Poland, and a writer. The missing one is the movie, which curiously was recommended to me just a few months ago.